Window Blind Safety
Kirsch delivers exceptional window covering products that meet the highest standards for safety and reliability. Each of our product lines offers a wide array of both cordless and corded window blind options, allowing our valued customers to select the products that meet their individual needs and preferences.
Product safety is our top priority and we have a strong safety record. Over the past decade, Kirsch and the window covering industry have made exceptional strides to reduce household hazards for children and families while actively promoting window blind safety.
We encourage you to learn more about window blind safety by reading further or visiting www.windowcoverings.org
- Q: Are window blind products safe?
- Yes. When used properly, windows blinds are completely safe.
- Q: Do accidents involving window blind cords occur frequently?
- No. Any incident in which a child is harmed is a tragedy. Fortunately, very few incidents occur.
- Q: Should I be concerned about window blind safety?
- Accidents are infrequent; however, we encourage everyone to learn more about window blind safety. For example, we recommend that corded window blind products not be used in bedrooms or play areas intended for small children.
- Q: What else is Global Décor doing to address window blind safety?
- Each of our brands has and will continue to offer a wide array of cordless products and safety options to meet each family's needs and preferences. We also support the Window Covering Safety Council and consumer education efforts to increase awareness and reduce household hazards. We are also continuously involved in product innovation to further enhance product offerings.
- Q: What can I do to ensure that my current window coverings are safe?
- To reduce hazards in living spaces with children, we recommend using tension devices or product retrofits to lift blind cords out of the reach of children. Consider using cordless window coverings in nurseries and other areas in which infants and children may be present. We also encourage everyone to learn more about window blind safety in their own home and to update older window blind products.
- Q: Where can I get more information about window blind safety?
- More information and free safety kits or retrofits for older products can be found at the Window Covering Safety Council's website at http://www.windowcoverings.org or by calling
1-800-752-9677 Monday through Friday, 8:00a.m. to 7:00p.m. Eastern Time.