Enter your address to locate the nearest Kirsch Dealer.
Customize your room design by choosing the colors in your room below:
Select choices below to add free color swatches to your cart
Kirsch Custom Roller Shades lend a simple, clean style to any room. With the right options to meet your needs, Kirsch Roller Shades offer the perfect solution for any window.
Woven and natural textures lend an organic, elemental edge to this simple style.
Add casual elegance to any décor with fabric textures inspired by nature.
Elegant colors and textures that complement your home's décor.
Sheer fabrics filter direct, harsh sunlight and can provide a subtle backdrop or layer to your drapery.
Light Filtering fabrics allow light to softly filter into the room, and is ideal for rooms where you would like soft illumination, such as a dining room, living room or sunroom.
Room Darkening fabrics provide the perfect amount of light blocking and privacy for a bedroom, nursery and media room.
Blockout fabrics provide maximum light blocking.
Solar Screens reduce glare and heat, without sacrificing the view.
Darker colors provide a more transparent view, while lighter colors provide more privacy.
Kirsch Roller Shades come standard with lift cord options and a cordless lift system as an upgrade.
Offers a clean, finished profile across all your windows without dangling cords.
All roller shades are manufactured without a valance.
For a more finished look, we offer the standard valance or the cassette valance upgrade options.
Made in the same material as your shade, the standard valance lends a seamless and finished look to your roller shade.
For patterns where there are vertical lines, these lines will run horizontally in the valance.
For patterns where there are horizontal lines, these lines will run vertically in the valance.
(Shown in cordless)
A cassette is an enclosed valance with a curved front panel, with a matching strip of material/fabric inserted across the face of the cassette.
The cassette comes in two sizes, determined by the size of the shade and the thickness of the fabric.
For patterns where there are vertical lines, these lines will run horizontally in the valance
For patterns where there are horizontal lines, these lines will run vertically in the valance
The color of the cassette is preselected to match your fabric
Raise and lower your shade without tassels or the transparent handle.
Color-coordinated tassels let you raise and lower your shade without touching the fabric. Colors are black, brown, white, and grey (as shown above) and are pre-selected based on fabric and texture. Available on cordless.
Transparent hem grip lets you raise and lower your shade without touching the fabric. Available on cordless. Not available for scallop decorative hem.
The addition of scalloped hems with decorative trims or fringes is a creative way to add style to your shade.
Scalloped hems add a tailored appearance - choose from 5 styles.
Trim or fringes outline the scallop - both available in 7 colors.
Fringe (available in all colors)
A brush-type vacuum attachment or feather duster should be used for cleaning. If your shade should become stained, you may clean it by dabbing the spot with a sponge dampened with lukewarm water test solution on indiscreet area first. Avoid contact with window cleaning products as these may discolor your shade. Ultrasonic cleaning is not recommended or covered by our warranty.
Read all installation instructions!
• Make sure that you have all tools and hardware needed
• Check the installation surface (wall, ceiling, or
window frame) to ensure that you have suitable fasteners and tools
for the material.
• Double check the headrail and shade for proper width
and length. If you are installing several sets of shades, be sure
to match them with the appropriate window.
• Check the parts list shipped with the product to
confirm that you have the correct number of brackets.
• Do not remove the wrap on the roller until you have completed the installation. Leaving the shade rolled up completely will ease installation and reduce the risk of damage.
• For standard roller shades, the fabric will hang off the BACK of the shade, closest to the window. For optional reverse roller shades, the fabric will hang off the front of the shade. Be sure to note this when installing the mounting brackets.
• Cassette Valances come attached to the shade. Standard Valances require assembly.
• Phillips head screwdriver
• Tape measure
• Safety glasses
• Drill/drill bits (1/16" drill bit may be used to
pre-drill for screws)
• 1/4" Wrench (if using extension brackets)
• Hex nutdriver (optional for mounting screws)
• Drywall anchors
• Carefully measure the length of the shade from tip to tip. Deduct off approximately 1/4" for corded and 4" for cordless to ensure proper tensioning of the roller in the brakcets.
• Make sure that there is enough clearance for the rolled up shade and that it will not rub or catch on the window, window frame, or any obstructions when fully rolled up.
• Mark this distance on the mounting surface at the desired bracket height so that it is centered in the window opening.
For outside mount installations, go to step 2A.
Forinside mount installations, go to step 3A.
cassette valance installations, go to step 4.
• Align the notch on each bracket with the marks, from Step
1making sure they are square and spaced equally from the window.
Be sure to note the correct location of each bracket; the brackets
are not interchangeable.
• Mark the bracket mounting hole locations (use of the
slotted holes is recommended), two screws per bracket.
• Attach the brackets to the wall or window frame using
Example: Installation on drywall using the included screws
and drywall anchors (not included).
This step is for outside-mount
installations using a standard valance ONLY.
• Install the valance mounting brackets, spacing the
brackets approximately 3"in from the shade brackets and making
sure they are level.Any additional brackets should be spaced
evenly between the ends.
• Make sure there will be sufficient clearance between
the roller shade and the valance.
• Proceed to Step 5
This step is for inside-mount installations
using a standard valance ONLY.
• Mark the inside surface of the valance top in the same
way as described in Step 1 for inside mount.
• Align the notch on each bracket with the marks, making
sure they are square and equally spaced from the front of the
Be sure to note the correct location
of each bracket; the brackets are not interchangeable.
• Mark the bracket mounting hole locations (use of the
slotted holes in the brackets is recommended).
• Carefully drill a through-hole in the valance top at
each marked bracket hole location
• Align the notch on each bracket with the marks, from
Step 1making sure they are square and spaced equally from the
IMPORTANT: Be sure to note the correct location of each
bracket; the brackets are not interchangeable.
• Attach the brackets to the wall or window frame using
suitable fasteners. If you are installing a valance, install it
between the brackets and the mounting surface using the
through-holes drilled in Step 3A.
Corded example: Installation on a wood window frame using the
included screws and optional valance.
Mount the brackets to the wall or window frame, with the
outside brackets no furtherthan 2 inches (50 mm) from the ends of
the headrail. On wide shades, space the additional bracket(s) at
Bracket is determined by shade size
CASSETTE 80 — Outside Mount
• Locate the rear bracket holes.
• Make sure the release tab is always mounted on
• Proceed to step 4B.
CASSETTE 120 — Outside Mount
CASSETTE 80 — Inside Mount
• Locate the top bracket holes.
CASSETTE 120 — Inside Mount
Cassette valance size is determined by
• Position the headrail with the front panel resting on
the top lip of all brackets.
• Push the bottom front of the headrail firmly backwards
and toward the window until the lip on the rear of the headrail
engages the bracket and snaps into place.
• Position the headrail with the back panelresting on
both bottom hooks of all brackets.
• Push the front of the headrail firmly upwards and
toward the window until the groove at the top of the headrail
snaps into place.
• Insert the pin on spring plunger into the hole on the
bracket and press the shade into the bracket, depressing the
• Align the T-shaped holes in the control-end bracket
with the tabs on the control end of the roller and the hook
pointing down, as shown. Press down to lock the center hook into
• If your roller shade includes bracket cover caps,
press them onto the brackets as shown below.
• Specialty option for outside mount shades -chosen at
time of purchase.
• Remove the shipping wrapper from the around the
• Push the clear tab on the bracket and pop the headrail in.
• Remove the shipping wrapper from around the roller.
For outside mount standard valances, go to step
Otherwise go to step 7.
If your valance does not include returns, skip to
For valances with wraparound returns:
• Remove the tape from the fabric on the back of the
valance and make sure the fabric extends equally on either end of
• Slide the corner clip onto a return panel. The tab
will fit into the channels on the back of the return panel.
• Slide the assembled return panel onto one end of the
valance. The tab will fit into the channels on the back of the
valance, and the valance top will fit into the channel on the top
of the return panel.
• Wrap the fabric around the end of the return panel.
• Press the caps into place.
• Repeat forthe other end. Once both returns are
installed, pull the fabric taut to remove wrinkles and secure to
the backs of the returns with masking tape
Attaching the valance to the valance brackets
• Centering the valance overthe roller shade, slide the
top of the front valance panel into the valance clips until it
locks into place. You can adjust the valance spacing from the wall
by loosening the wingnuts on the valance brackets.
Attaching the valance to the valance brackets:
Refer to instructions in the hold-down tension device.
With the shade fully retracted, use a flat head screwdriver to adjust the bottomrail to desired height.
Important: Make the adjustment on the right side for standard roll and left side fro reverse roll.
• Locate the clear, cordless bottom rail handle that arrived with your shade.
• Insert the front lip of the bottom rail handle into the top of the bottom rail of the shade. The handle will snap into place.
Measure exact distance between inside surfaces of window
frame at the top, middle, and bottom, and use the narrowest width.
Do not make any width deductions.
Measure exact distance from inside surface at top of window
to sill. If you prefer shade not to touch sill, deduct 1/4". If
there is no sill, measure height to point where shade is to reach.
Tip-to-Tip Measure is the common measure type for most roller
shades. Choosing this measure type will include the headrail
"pegs" that mount the shade to the wall or frame.
Measure exact distance between the outermost points where
the shade is to be placed. This measurement should overlap each
side of window frame by at least 1-1/2". Factory makes no
deduction from your shade width dimensions.
Measure exact distance from where top of shade will be
located to top of sill. If there is no sill or if shade is to
overlap window frame, measure to point shade is to reach.
Cloth Measure is uncommon and should only be used for Outside
Frame applications. The headrail is wider than the cloth of
the shade which causes the "pegs" to extend beyond the width
of the shade material. This total distance is 1-3/8" wide, or
a gap of 11/16" on each side of the shade material.
At Kirsch, we're committed to making products and relationships that last. That's why we promise your product will ship on-time, with a complete warranty and a no-risk exchange policy.
Whether you mis-measured or simply changed your mind, if you don't love your custom Kirsch Blind or Shade for any reason, we'll exchange it within 30 days of receipt.
Your investment will last. If any part of your custom Kirsch Blind or Shade breaks or is damaged due to poor workmanship or defect within 10 years of purchase, we'll repair or replace it free of charge.
© 2014 Kirsch. All Rights Reserved.